Big Daddy and Gigi vs. The Plotts

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I love you!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

WOW...


Saturday, Peter and I and our friend Paul went offshore about 80 miles... while we caught no fish that far out (despite having Peter and Paul with me... haha a little bible humor,) it was an incredible day. After a rough ride out, everything laid down about 5:00am and the sun began to rise... literally. All I could keep in my mind while watching this awe inspiring event that happens everyday that I will never get tired of... is the words to one of my favorite worship songs.

"Who imagines the sun and gave source to its light, yet concealed it to bring us the coolest of nights..... You are amazing God." and in that same song... "You put the stars in the sky and you know them by name... You are amazing God."

This is such and understatement. The stars are the least of his impressive creation. Watching a school of amber jack swim along side and under your boat, seeing the sun skip across the 5 foot swells of clear blue ocean, or hooking and releasing a shark into the deep will truly put a person in their place. Creation is such an awesome undertaking!

All in all .... we stopped off at the Charleston 60 and Reef 33 and I hooked a 14" and a 16" Black Sea Bass (one of the uglier fish in the sea, but apparently good eating) .... and a HUGE Grouper... that got away... Peter hooked a shark and Hog Fish and Paul hooked a 3 foot amber jack.
Next time I go ... I'll take more pictures... but here's a 360 view of nothing around... and my favorite of Peter from the day.

1 comment:

Kelly Reser said...

Awesome!! Love the Peter and Paul joke!